Priscilla Ann Carlson, age 82, of Ann Arbor, Michigan, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at her residence with her husband at her side.
Priscilla was born on August 15, 1937 in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin to parents Carl and Evelyn (nee Renberg) Lungberg and raised alongside her seven siblings: Lenore, Jean, Charles, David, Marjorie, James, and John.
She graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point where she obtained a bachelor’s degree and began her career as a music teacher. While attending an InterVarsity Christian Fellowship Camp in Colorado, she met James “Jim” E. Carlson. The two married on July 8, 1961 in Wisconsin Rapids. Together they lived in various cities throughout the United States- eventually settling in Ann Arbor, Michigan with their children, Daniel, Ted, and Juliana. Priscilla was actively involved in helping her husband with the foundation and development of Logos Bookstore on South University in Ann Arbor in 1968 as well as the development of Spring Arbor Distributors. She was also an instrumental aspect of various international ministries in Ann Arbor and Friendship Ministries which provides support to mentally challenged students.
Priscilla was a member of the Ann Arbor Christian Reform Church for forty years where she enjoyed singing in the choir. Music remained an important aspect of her life- often playing classical music on the piano. She and Jim traveled the world together- exploring 57 counties side-by-side. She enjoyed seeing the beauty of God’s creation, learning local history, and meeting people around the world.
Priscilla leaves behind her loving husband of 58 years, James “Jim” Carlson; her children, Daniel (Mary) Carlson, Ted (Rebecca) Carlson, and Juliana (Peter) Carlson-Karman; and seven wonderful grandchildren: Nathaniel, Luke, Jonathan, Sydney, Ari, Malcolm, and Ingrid.
A memorial service will be held on Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 3 pm at Ann Arbor Christian Reform, 1717 Broadway Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Memorial contributions can be made in Priscilla’s honor to InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.